Call for Papers
2020 Southwest Section AWWA Annual Conference and Exposition
October 18 to 20, 2020
The Southwest Section of AWWA invites proposals for individual papers for the 2020 Annual Conference and Exposition. Abstracts are due no later than April 30, 2020.
The Southwest Section would like to focus the technical program on providing timely information regarding issues that are important to utilities and the water community. Below is a list of potential areas that are meaningful to attendees; however, other subjects will be considered. The Technical Committee will group presentations into tracks covering similar subject areas.
• Regulatory and Legislative Agendas
• Lead and Copper Rule
• Emerging Water Quality Contaminants
• Infrastructure Renewal/Replacement
• New and Innovative Design
• Water Loss Control
• Effective Distribution System Operation
• Water Supply/Water Demand
• Source Water Protection
• Drought Management
• Water Conservation/Reuse
• AWIA Risk and Resiliency Assessment
• Emergency Response Planning
• Cyber Security/Data Management
Operation and Maintenance
• Water or Wastewater Optimization
• Reliability-Centered Maintenance
• Predictive Maintenance/Condition Assessment
• Financing/Reinvestment Strategies
• Water Utility Leadership
• Preserving Institutional Knowledge
• Attracting and Retaining Employees
• Career Planning/Mentoring
Value of Water
• Customer Service
• Rate Structures/Rate Models
• Stakeholder Engagement
All abstracts are due no later than April 30, 2020, and selected authors and alternates will be notified by June 1, 2020. Selected speakers shall provide an electronic copy of the presentation, including copies of any slides, handouts, etc. to the Technical Committee by September 12, 2020, for later publication on the Section’s website.
All papers must be based on the science of the process and should discuss the process, not the relative merits of one brand of product or service over others. Discussion of new advances, new or planned projects, operational data, and actual implementations are encouraged. The conference committee is evaluating a separate track for vendors to present product specific information. Additional information regarding the conference is available at www.swawwa.org.
Abstracts should be submitted electronically to Mrs. Joan Gausvik, City of Tulsa, at email@example.com. If you have any questions, you may contact Mrs. Gausvik at 918-596-9798.